Tibet is one of the world's most extraordinary destination and there is adventure indeed lurking around almost each and every corner. Lhasa The capital lies high in the arid wilderness of the Tibetan mountains, it's name the "Roof of the World" is no idle statement. The valley bottoms of Tibet are higher than the highest mountains elsewhere . It's snow covered plateaux are the highest in the world , and apart from the Everest , which Tibetans see from 'the other side', many mountains are over 15000 feet.
|No. of Days
|Activities Per Day
- Day 1 Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 2 Morning visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet.
- Day 3 Morning visit Drepung monastery.
- Day 4 Visit Norbulingkha, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, built in the 18th century.
- Day 5 Drive to Lhasa airport for flight to next destination.
- Day 1(Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer to hotel)
Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer 95 km to the hotel, drive 2 hours to Yerlung
Tsangpo and Lhasa Kyichu River.
- Day 2(Morning visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. )
Morning visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. It was built in the 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo and later renovated by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Afternoon visit Sera monastery, 5 km north of Lhasa city. It was built in 1419 by Jamchen Choeji, a disciple of Tsongkhapa, founder of the Gelugpa sect. Sera is one of the three major monasteries of the yellow sect in Tibet.
- Day 3(Morning visit Drepung monastery.)
Morning visit Drepung monastery, the largest Monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa.It was built in 1416 by Jamyang chojie a disciple of Tsongkhapa.
Afternoon visit Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market; this is the holiest shrine in Tibet with houses of golden statues of the Shakyamuni Budhha, brought to Tibet by the Chinese princess Wenchen.
- Day 4(Visit Norbulingkha, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, built in the 18th century.)
Visit Norbulingkha, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, built in the 18th century.
- Day 5(Drive to Lhasa airport for flight to next destination. )
Drive to Lhasa airport for flight to next destination.
No images in the gallery.
This is one of the ultimate ways to rediscover nature and the culture of Nepal with stunning viewpoints all along the trip. Experience the geographical change of the country wit...
Read More »
Explore the cities of the Kathmandu Valley with its rich culture, history and art. Visit the ancient Durbar Squares of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur, the palatial residences of...
Read More »
Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. All around our itinerary is surrounded by a cirque of awe-inspiring peaks, including the awesome south face o...
Read More »